There are three essential facts about Account Types:
- A MATHESON Online Account simplifies this use of this online store by saving your shipping, billing, and order information (and history) for items purchased at this online store.
- A MATHESON Credit Account enables you to buy with a purchase order and receive invoices and statements - both online and in-person at MATHESON Store Locations. To use your Credit Account for an Online Purchase, you need to have BOTH types of accounts.
- You may elect to use this online store as a "GUEST" - in which case, no type of account registration is required. Only credit cards may be used when transacting as a Guest.
Other important facts:
- You can have a MATHESON Credit Account without a MATHESON Online Account. (However, without an Online Account, you will only be able to use this site as a Guest, and your orders will not be recorded to your Credit Account)
- You can have a MATHESON Online Account without a MATHESON Credit Account. (However, without a Credit Account, all online purchases must be by credit card)
- If your MATHESON Online Account is linked to your MATHESON Credit Account, all online purchases will be recorded into your MATHESON Credit Account, as well as being recorded in the Online Account. If your organization has special Credit Terms as part of your MATHESON Credit Account, these terms will be applied to your Online purchases.
How to Open A MATHESON Online Account:
Use the "Register" link at the top of every page to register for a MATHESON Online Account.
- You will be asked to provide basic contact information, and you will be prompted to set up a secure password to your MATHESON Online Account.
- You will also be asked if you already have a MATHESON Credit Account.
- If you have a Credit Account, and you wish to "link" it to your Online Account, choose YES, and provide the account number for your Credit Account. We will send you an email when the link is complete.
- If you do not have a MATHESON Credit Account, but would like to apply for one, you may choose the first "NO" option.
- If you do not have a MATHESON Credit Account, and do not wish to apply for one, there is a second "NO" option. You may also choose this option if you have a MATHESON Credit Account, but you desire to keep your Credit Account and your Online Account separate.
- You will also be asked if your organization qualifies for tax exemption status. Note that for online purchases to qualify for tax exemption, you must have a MATHESON Credit Account that is set up accordingly, AND you need to register your Online Account so that it "links" to your Credit Account. See Tax Exempt page for additional information.
- Finally, you will be asked - at your option - to submit your email address for MATHESON's email list.